Yes, how to say by is a tough question. Sometimes it seems that you can just use by in the middle of a Finnish expression:
I would say that you have four ways to avoid the horrible use of by in the middle of a Finnish text:
Use a genitive:
- Suomen käsityön museon kansallispukunäytös - Craft Museum of Finland's national costume show
Use an agent participle:
- Suomen käsityömuseon järjestämä kansallispukunäytös - A national costume show organized by Craft Museum of Finland
Use a whole sentence:
Use a colon or parenthesis:
I know that something by someone is a quite popular structure when it comes to Finnish blogs and small business and event names. I wonder how many years it will take and we'll have Uudenvuoden puhe by tasavallan presidentti?
p.s. If you like my posts, it would be really really nice if you did at least some of these things:
- Follow my Facebook page
- Follow me on Instagram
- Read about my easy Finnish novels. Of course, it would be nice if you bought the book, but you can also borrow it from the library.
- Subscribe to my email list. There is a link for that on the right hand bar of this blog.
- Listen and comment my easy Finnish podcasts