- Eläin is an animal. Elämä is life.
- Liikenne is traffic. Liike is a movement or a store or a shop. Liikunta is sports.
- Sää is a weather. Säästää is to save, as in to save money. Säästä is both about the weather and the command Save!
- Aika is time. The genitive of aika is ajan, which is also the first person conjugation of ajaa, to drive.
- Luonto is nature. Luento is a lecture. Luonne is a personality, a temperament.
- Kylä is a village, but it's also used in the expression käydä kylässä, to visit someone.
- Menestys is a success. Menetys is a loss.
- Ohjelma is a programme. Ongelma is a problem.
- Terveellinen is healthy. Turvallinen is safe.
- Patient is either a noun potilas or an adjective kärsivällinen.
- Liha is meat, lihava is fat, lihas is a muscle. Lihaksikas is muscular. Don't confuse that with lihasika, which is a pig that is raised for its meat.
- Varata is to book or to reserve. Varastaa is to steal.
- Kokemus is an experience. Kokous is a meeting. Kokoomus is The National Coalition Part.
- Muuttaa is just tricky in general, so you should read this post.
- Mä tapaan sut. Mä tapan sut. You must know this one!
About the author of this blog:
Lue lisää kirjoista: https://privatefinnishlessons.com/books/