- Hei, tässä on ________. - Hi, this is __________.
- Haluaisin varata saunavuoron neljälle naiselle / miehelle. - I'd like to book a place in the sauna for four women / men.
- Onko teillä tilaa maanantaina kuudesta kahdeksaan? - Do you have any vacancy on Monday from six to eight?
- Hieno juttu! - Great!
- Kiitos ja nähdään maanantaina. - Thank you and see you on Monday.
The 2-hour sauna turn costs 19 euros. Unlike in a regular Finnish sauna, everybody must wear a swimsuit, because the idea is that men and woman will be saunaing together. (And if men and women were taking saunas separately and everyone was naked, the cooling terrace would be full of naked Finnish men scaring all the tourist away.) Apparently, you can bring dogs to the terrace.
Löyly will give you pyyhe (a towel) and pefletti (the thing that you sit on so that you won't burn your pakarat.) The showers will have shampoo, but no hoitoaine (conditioner).
More about Löyly:
- Jasper Pääkkönen talking about Löyly in a Helsingin Sanomat video
- Löyly's Facebook page
- Löyly in New York Times
- Löyly in Finland Today
- Löyly in Ilta-Sanomat
Please leave a comment, if you've already been to Löyly! You can also recommend other public saunas in Helsinki area. Here's an older post about sauna that you might also enjoy.