- TU-participle, also known as the passive past participle
- TAVA-participle, also known as the passive present participle
One of the things that I haven't written about is the word order.
In an active sentence, I'd say like this:
- Minä maalaan tuon seinän huomenna. - I'll paint that wall tomorrow.
In a passive sentence, you'd start with the object:
You can also start a passive sentence with a time expression or a place.
- Huomenna tuo seinä vihdoin maalataan! - Tomorrow, they will finally paint that wall!
- Koulussa maalataan vesiväreillä. - At school, they paint with watercolours.
About the author of this blog:
My name is Hanna Männikkölahti, and I am a native Finn who gives private lessons via Skype and simplifies books into easy Finnish. Please leave a comment, if you have something to ask about Finnish or novels in easy Finnish.
|Lue selkokirja. Se voi olla yllättävän helppoa ja kivaa!|