Finnish bosses can be really nice. Sometimes they even pay for their employee's private Finnish lessons! I know that, because I have a couple of customers whose employers pay for their weekly session with me. Obviously, I cannot go into details about it, but here are some phrases that you could use next time you have a talk with your boss:
- Voisinkohan mä opiskella suomea työajalla? - I was wondering if I could use some of my work hours for studying Finnish?
- Voisikohan firma maksaa osan mun suomen oppitunneista? - I was wondering if the company could pay part of my Finnish lessons?
- Siitä olisi varmasti hyötyä koko firmalle. - I'm sure that it would be beneficial for the whole company.
- Olen löytänyt opettajan, joka opettaa Skypessä. - I've found a teacher who teaches in Skype.
- Voin aloittaa ja lopettaa milloin vain. - I can start and quit whenever I want.
- Voisinko kokeilla vaikka X kertaa? - Could I try for example X amount of times?