Here's a link to the Yle shows with Finnish subtitles. I'll find out if MTV3 and Nelonen have similar lists somewhere.
For some reason, getting the subtitles is kind of bizarre as you have to choose DUTCH from the language selection. Here's how Yle explains it, followed by my translation. It's a bit shorter, and I've also changed the order of the instructions to make it clearer.
- Set the language by pressing the sub button on your remote control and choosing Dutch from the menu. If you cannot choose Dutch, the programme is not subtitled.
- You can also get the subtitles through the text tv page 333 (Yle TV 1, MTV3 and Nelonen), 334 (Yle TV 2) or 336 (Yle Teema).
- There's a text tekstitetty suomeksi in the beginning of the subtitled shows. If you're reading about the programmes on the text TV, starting on the page 300, a purple letter T after a name of the show tells you that it can have subtitles.
- You can also check out a list of shows that can have Finnish subtitles.
- If you want to have subtitles on the news, that's only possible through the text tv page 335. The subtitles are available for 17.00 and 20.30 news.
- If you are watching shows in Yle Areena, click the TXT icon on the lower right corner. I appears after you click the play button.
Enjoy watching quality Finnish television! If don't have an access to Finnish television, these shows are available online even if you are not in Finland.