Here are some common words that are not what you might think.
Do you know what they mean?
Here are the translations:
- greippi - a grapefruit (A grape is viinirypäle.)
- kartta - a map (A card is kortti.)
- novelli - A short story (A novel is romaani.)
- mappi - A ring binder (A map is kartta.)
- tentti - A university level exam (A tent is teltta.)
- viineri - a Danish pastry (A wiener is nakki, hodari or pippeli.)
Read more about false friends on Jukka Korpela's page.
Read about words that are both Finnish and English.
|"Reading is fun when it's easy!|