- Find a book that you really want to read. Search books in this blog, ask for recommendations in Selkokirjalukupiiri or leave a question in this post's comments.
- Make sure that you know where the book is! Keep it in your bag wherever you go, and when you come home, place it somewhere where you can see it.
- Decide how many pages or chapters you try to read in a day or in a week.
- It the book is simplified by me, I have very likely created a vocabulary and /or questions about the book. Check out www.privatefinnishlessons.com/books to see what is available.
- Study the vocabulary in advance to get an idea what happens in each chapter. I have Yösyöttö vocabulary in Quizlet and Juurihoito, Punainen kuin veri and Valkea kuin lumi in Memrise. (I have also started a vocabulary for Musta kuin eebenpuu, but it is very small. If you are reading the book and want to contribute, please contact me.)
- Do the exercises after you have read the chapter. I have exercises for Heinähattu, Vilttitossu ja ärhäkkä koululainen, Punainen kuin veri, Valkea kuin lumi, Juurihoito, Yösyöttö, Tuntematon Kimi Räikkönen and Kiepaus.
- Try to find somebody who is reading the same book. Schedule short meetings where you discuss the book in Finnish or just make sure that you're both still reading the book.
|All my simplifications and the original novels so far.|
Lue lisää - Read more:
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
About the author of this blog: