The customer is always correct, and anything my students want to practice, we'll practice. However, these are the most common things I do during my online lessons:
- I talk about various topics in easy or normal Finnish. Medicine is definitely the hardest one, but luckily I have all the online sources in front of me. (I used to fear talking about sports, but nowadays, thanks to Kimi Räikkönen, I'm quite ok even with that.)
- I correct texts that my students have written.
- I read and analyze different texts with my students. Usually they are online texts, work email or actual books or magazines.
- I recommend suitable text books and novels in easy Finnish. I also recommend Finnish bands, movies, tv shows, touristic attractions and scenic routes.
- I motivate my students to use Finnish at home and at work and carry their study material with them wherever they go.
- I google things that my students need, such as school lunch menus, available hobbies in different cities, voice teachers, therapists and veterinary services.
- I explain grammar rules and share links from this blog. I'd say that I share these posts at least once a week with someone:
|All my simplifications so far. More to come next year!|
Links to the books and extra material: www.hannamannikkolahti.com
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
About the author of this blog:
Lue lisää selkokirjoistani: www.hannamannikkolahti.com